Mark started his career in the security industry in 1987, commissioning specialist security detection system at military bases. Over a 14 year period Mark adopted numerous technical roles within the Major Systems Division of Shorrock Systems (latterly Initial Electronic Security Systems) culminating in his appointment as the Project Implementation Manager for some of Initial's most prestigious clients. In 2001, he left Initial to concentrate on a career as an Independent Security Consultant, forming Critec Consult Limited.
Mark holds a Batchelor of Engineering degree in Electronic Engineering, is registered with the Engineering Council and the Registry of Security Professionals, is a member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology and a full member of the Association of Security Consultants. In addition, in 2017 Mark became on of the first consultants licensed by BRE to provide SABRE security services as an Assessor, and Security Professional for security threat, risk and engineering design.
Critec Consult provides services to cover the full project time line of security development and deployment, in line with our 3 core phases of: Define, Design and Deliver.
Critec Consult are a Critec Group company.
- Threat, Risk and Vulnerability assessments. Underpinning the later provision of design and solutions development Critec provide TRV assessment services to establish the baseline for selection of appropriate security mitigation measures. These services are provided in line with SABRE standards.
- Operational requirements. Development of system Operational Requirements (OR) in accordance with CPNI guidelines.
- Audit and compliance. We carry out technical and performance audits, and compliance checks including CCTV GDPR and ICO audits. These are designed to ensure our client's continued compliance with statutary obligations and operational requirements.
- System Design and specification. We offer expert impartial advice on all aspects of digital and analogue CCTV (including analytics, IP and HD systems), Intruder and Perimiter detection systems, Access Control, Integrated Security Management Systems, Hostile Vehicle Mitigation measures and physical hardening. Services range from threat and risk analysis, operational requirements development through to full design and specification production including commercial terms and conditions.
- Project management and client representation. We have a wealth of experience on large scale construction projects, some exceeding £1Bn, and are able to deploy this experiance to manage all aspects of security system project development, integration and installation; taking ownership of client projects and packages in their entirety, including all aspect of trade co-ordination, independent witness testing, CDM and H&S management. We also offer pre-contract services including independent review of security contractor tender submissions and cost analysis.
Our services have been provided to the following industries: Critical National Infrastructure, Utilities (including nuclear, water, gas and electric), Logistics, Public Space CCTV, Government, Military, Communications, Retail and Leisure, Further Education, Data Centres, Pharmaceutical & VIP residential.
Some of our projects are subject to NDAs and must remain confidential; however, other clients have included: National Grid, Pfizer, The Crown Estate, Manchester University, Sony Entertainment, Canon, North Wales Police, Aviva, AQA, Carmarthern Borough Council, Bangor University, Basell Polyolefins, Warner Lambert, Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Executive, First Hydro Company & Cushman and Wakefield.
Further details are available on our website at: www.critecconsult.com